Do you ever have a sense of things moving too fast? It's often difficult to assimilate the millions of impressions daily life throws at us and easily stoke the embers of anxiety as we manically search for a foothold to regain our equilibrium.
Four things that help contribute to this sense of equilibrium are a sense of purpose (vision), laughter (humour), gratitude (optimism) and rest (renewal), collectively creating a beautiful antidote to counterbalance the forces of daily expectation.
We will focus on envisioning the future; when we are young, our imagination is strong, and only when we get older do we forget it and dismiss it as childish. It may sometimes feel like a dream future is a fantasy, But your essence is creative. Remember to focus on what lifts your heart and makes it sing; this brings an exquisite quality of joy into your here and now. You are pure potential able to manifest your future from moment to moment.
This written meditation offers a simple way to recalibrate and recharge your flow and get you back on track.
Envisioning your perfect future.
So let's begin to visualise the perfect future you want. But first, find a quiet space to sit with a pen and paper, maybe light a candle or burn some incense, take a few deep breaths and relax, gently switch off your critical mind and connect with your heart.
- Then, with the next breath, ask yourself how you would spend your day if you had a free choice? Write
- How would you spend your day? What would be the first thing you'd do? Sleep till noon, meditate, an energising morning flow or exercise? Write
- What does your body feel like? Write
- What is your state of health? Write
- And your home, what does it look like? Imagine it in detail. Write
- Who do you share the space with, family or flatmates? How do you get on with them? Write
- What kind of work would you do? What kind of work would be meaningful to you? (Try not to think about money or status; they do not exist in this space.) Write
- Is there something you've always wanted to do?
- And hobbies, what are they ? Gardening, crafting, pottery, cooking, reading or music? Write
- How do they make you feel? How does your energy feel? Write
- From this reflective place, close your eyes, draw your attention to your heart space, and sink down, letting go of your thoughts; how does it feel to be in it? Is there a sense of liberation, freedom, expansion and connection?
- How could you bring the same qualities into your life now, allowing this sense of lightness to permeate you on a cellular level, and just bask in the sunlight of possibilities?